For the second year, eQuipping for eMinistry is sharing Christmas-themed posts from Campus Crusade for Christ bloggers. We trust that these posts will help you prepare your heart over this Advent season.
Best of Tour
- Betsy Guilford ~ OMW! ~ “For the past couple of years, I’ve made it a practice to choose a word that would carry me through the year.”
- maturitas cafe ~ upside down life and la vida de cabeza ~ How do you handle news of terminal cancer at Christmas time? (in English y en español)
- Thru a Dirty Window ~ God with Us ~ “We live in desperate times, which is why the promise of a Savior – Immanuel, God With Us – brings such hope.”
- Missional Women ~ He Chose the Trough ~ “Lord, what does it look like for us to choose like You?”
- Second Cup of Coffee ~ The Best Kept Secret of Christmas ~ I don’t want to give it away, so you’ll have to read the post.
- My Missing Fingers ~ Christmas Comes Once More ~ Greg’s testimony interwoven with his Christmas memories. (This is part 2 of 3).
- Waiting on God ~ To Comfort All Who Mourn ~ A comforting perspective of the Newtown, Connecticut, shooting and celebrating Christmas.
- The Sovereign (a blog for post-Rapture readers) ~ C. S. Lewis on Xmas ~ C. S. Lewis describes an “imaginary land” where some celebrate Exmas and others celebrate Crissmas.
- Tip of the Iceberg ~ The Lightless Christmas Tree ~ Thoughts from Dayle Rogers when the lights went out on their Christmas tree.
- Outside the Box Ministry ~ Christmas Outreach Ideas ~ Doug’s blog is written for ministries and churches. Share his blog with your pastor or church staff.
- Crocker Chronicle ~ The Deeper Meaning of Christmas ~ The late Theodor Geisel, also known as “Dr. Seuss”, shared some thoughts on the deeper meaning of Christmas in his children’s classic, How the Grinch Stole Christmas…
- Lines from Lynn ~ Home for the Holidays – Light of the World ~ Lynn suggests Christians celebrate Hanukkah.
- Second Cup of Coffee ~ Advent Season… Yes, Virginia, There IS Life after Christmas ~ Have you ever thought of leaving your Christmas decorations up until Easter?
- maturitas cafe ~ loving (this) Christmas ~ What happens when Christmas normal is stripped away?
- Judy Douglass’ Kindling ~ Jesus’ Christmas Wish List part one ~ What might we give Jesus for His birthday?
- Death by Great Wall ~ It’s Jesus’ Birthday and He Doesn’t Mind ~ Why are the holidays so hard for our internationally adopted older kids?
The tour is over, but the annual spring tour will be coming in a few months. Thanks for reading!
Recommended for Advent
- Sign up for a weekly eMail with the links to the most recent posts for this tour by checking the last box for the eMail News Alerts on this subscription form.
- Read great content from Judy Douglass on her blog, Kindling.
- Find more Christmas posts on e4e: fun YouTube videos, keeping track of correspondence, and tech gift ideas.
- Jesus Film Media’s Advent Challenge – Every week in Advent, get in the Christmas spirit with JFM. The first week is a challenge to post a Magdalena film clip via eMail, Facebook, or Twitter.
- e4e’s first Christmas Blog Tour
- This year, Judy Douglass is participating in the Deeply-Loved Advent Blog Hop. Hop on over for thoughtful, uplifting posts for Advent.
- Karen Fenz’s favorite Advent devotional.
Join us on e4e’s annual Christmas blog tour. If you’re affiliated with Campus Crusade for Christ, then submit your post ASAP to sus.schmitt at ccci.org . Blog posts should be Christmas-themed. Please include a sentence summarizing your blog post’s content. (I need some more entries!)