December is a great time for sharing Christ online, taking advantage of many Internet searches and conversations about Christmas. I put some ideas together for you today to spark some ways to share your faith this month.
Sharing Christ through Searches
Using social media and blogging, consider sharing or creating content along these topics and tying it into the gospel:
- What is Christmas?
- Who is Jesus?
- Christmas traditions and decorations
- The best Christmas gift
- This month, football
- And because of current movies, #StarWars and Peanuts (Charlie Brown and gang)
Of course, topics that work all year might even do better in December when people may be more open spiritually. Find articles and videos on EveryStudent.com to share answers to their searches:
- Who is God?
- How do I deal with depression?
- Grieving and the holidays
For blogging, include the key topic in the title, URL, first sentence, and in headings to increase the possibility of your post being found in an Internet search.
For all social media, consider your audience, choosing your tone and your words to speak to their hearts. Also, be available. Be willing to be online when you publish in order to respond to comments.
Sharing Christ through Christmas Photos and Videos
As always, great photos and videos attract people to your content.
Christmas-related images are free to download from Free Bible Images.
Other videos you might share, or embed on your blog, include:
- The Nativity scene from Mr. Krueger’s Christmas with Jimmy Stewart
- Clips from The JESUS Film
- More resources from JESUS Film Media, including an app to share content socially and through mobile devices
- “Mary Did You Know” by Peter Hollens and by Pentatonix
- “The Prayer” by David Archuleta
- The Christmas Scale
Other Ideas for Sharing Christ Online
Share each daily advent post from Cru.org.
More evangelism ideas:
- from Cru.org
- from Outreach Magazine
- from previous Christmas posts on eQuipping for eMinistry
- and from Digital Evangelism Issues.
I’m sure you have great ideas, too. Please share them in the comments.
NOTE: The screenshots are from ABC’s showing of A Charlie Brown Christmas.