I’m sure you know. Judy’s new book, When You Love a Prodigal: 90 Days of Grace for the Wilderness, will be released on September 17, 2019.
Judy’s Book, When You Love a Prodigal
When You Love a Prodigal is a compilation of letters she has sent to the 800 members of the Prayers for Prodigals community (see NOTES). In her book, these letters are devotionals with questions for reflection.
From experience, Judy says the best way to draw people back to a relationship with a loved one or with God is through love, mercy, and grace. She also knows that this journey through the wilderness is more about what God wanted to work into her life rather than into her son’s.
How to Help Judy Now
I asked Judy how we could help her as she approaches the book’s launch date, September 17, 2019. We’ll help by:
- Ordering books
- Writing reviews
- Sharing on social media
- Attending launch events and inviting others
If you help with the book launch, starting now is better than waiting. I’ve used headings and bold font to help you find what you would like to do.
Most of all, please pray that God will bless the book, encouraging and giving hope to those who read it.
Order the Book for Yourself or as a Gift
Order When You Love a Prodigal: 90 Days of Grace for the Wilderness as a gift or for yourself. This book will be a great gift to minister to people you know. Pre-orders help the book get more attention from the bookseller. Find links to retailers on Judy’s book page.
Write a Review
Read enough of the book so you can write a review. Reviews posted on Amazon are most helpful.
Judy’s first Bible plan on YouVersion, When You Love a Prodigal, is available now. It’s a five-day plan based on the book. (She thinks there will be more plans to come.) Try it yourself and share this plan with others.
Post on social media:
- A photo of yourself holding the book on social media. Include a comment to start conversations.
- Share the link with your friends recommending the YouVersion Bible plan
- Coming soon!
- Hopefully, the book trailer will be available August 30th. The book trailer link will be on JudyDouglass.com next week.
- Also next week, find graphics, memes and articles on Judy’s website to share on your social sites.
Bloggers, Judy would love for you to post about When You Love a Prodigal: 90 Days of Grace for the Wilderness on your blog. Please only quote from the Introduction and the first chapter.
Judy will have a virtual book launch that you may want to invite others to attend. Register for free for this online event. This webinar is September 18th at 1:00 PM Eastern.
She will definitely have book launches in the Orlando area. I’ll add them here.
The first one I know about is a dedication and corporate prayer for Judy’s book. Join Judy on September 17th from 2 to 4 PM (program at 2:30). Meet in the prayer center on the Lake Hart campus for prayer, light refreshments and signed books.
Join us and invite others!
Future Ways to Help Judy
Follow Judy’s announcements on her Facebook author page.
I’ll announce any dates for book launches or other news when I know them as well.
Judy will have lots of social media quotes and endorsements that you’ll be able to share. Consider following through one of these communities:
- Cru Writers Guild on Facebook
- The Ministry of Writing on Workplace (Cru staff only)
- Cru Reading Group on Goodreads
- Judy’s Facebook author page
It helps to follow Judy on social media and on her new author pages:
- Facebook @JeedooDouglass
- Twitter @judydouglass417
- Instagram @judydouglass417
- Pinterest Judy Douglass
- Author pages
I’ll have more information and more ways to bless your family and friends with this book as we get closer to September 17th and beyond. Judy and I will alert you to these future opportunities.
Judy is very grateful for your help in getting her book into the hands of those God wishes to bless through it.
Judy Douglass is wife of the president of Cru, Steve Douglass. They have three delightful children and nine superb grandchildren.
She loves Jesus, her family, Texas, words, books, horses, Mexican food–and quite a few other things.
She is a writer, speaker and missionary. Most of all she is an encourager–urging everyone she encounters to know God and to entrust their lives to Him for all He wants them to be and all He has prepared for them to do.
- Listen to Judy’s “grace journey” in loving her prodigal son in this podcast interview on the Restory Show.
- To read Judy’s story and learn about the Worldwide Day of Prayer for Prodigals, read a post from her blog, Kindling:
- If you’d like to request prayer for a prodigal loved one, or join the Prayer for Prodigals praying community, write to Judy at PrayerforProdigals at gmaildotcom.