If a big event occurs in current events, I check out Nibbo.com to see “what’s trending.” I expect to see the major headlines show up, so I checked today, but found Nelson Mandela didn’t show up in the top twenty Google searches (maybe he did yesterday) I was surprised by the trends, in the U.S., for Google searches: the top twenty were very heavy on shopping. The number one search is for the World Cup Draw, but other top searches included Amazon, Toys R Us, Macys, Michaels, Old Navy and Sears.
Join the Conversation
Perhaps you’ll want to go to the movie, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, in theaters now, and discuss the film on Facebook or with your students.If you’re a blogger or Tweeter, I recommend joining the conversation today on the life of Nelson Mandela, or on the World Cup (or on holiday shopping craziness?).
I know of three posts about Mandela by Cru bloggers:
- From Troublemaker to Peacemaker #Mandela [Click to Tweet]
- Reflections on Robbin Island #Mandela [Click to Tweet]
- Thoughts on the Death of Nelson #Mandela [Click to Tweet]
- Bonus tweet of a Mandela quote:
- No passion [in] playing small – in settling for a life… less than… you are capable of living. #Mandela [Click to Tweet]
Please add links to your blog posts in the comments below so we can share your posts on Facebook and on Twitter.