On Tuesday, February 3, 2015, at noon EST, eQuipping for eMinistry will be hosting our first Google Hangout seminar. (I hope it’s the first of many.) My friend, Roger Vann, of Agape UK, will be at Cru headquarters to present a one-hour seminar to help you think strategically about Facebook and ministry. Experience the highest-rated seminar at last year’s Student Winter Conference in the U.K. Gain insight and advice on what it means to be “salt and light” on Facebook.
Four years ago, Roger was challenged to be intentional in the use of Social Media. He spent a year doing research about how Christians could best use Facebook to be salt and light. The result of this work, and his personal experience, is the seminar – Making the Most of Facebook (as a follower of Jesus), which has been well-received by churches in the U.S. and in Western Europe and by student groups in France, Germany, Holland, and the U.K.
Roger’s seminar will include biblical insight, useful principles, practical tips and hacks – plus an extensive resources list. The content is ideal for personal ministry application and with your disciples. You won’t want to miss this seminar!
Agenda for the February 3rd Facebook seminar:
- How would Jesus approach Facebook?
- How do I want to be known on FB as a Christian?
- How can I use FB strategically – being salt and light?
- How to find a balance between two approaches – conversation and content?
- How can I add value through my posts?
- How can I engage well with my non-Christian friends on FB ?
The seminar is over. I recommend reading this post for an overview of the content and for feedback from the attendees.
- The video is on YouTube. (The content starts about the two-minute mark).
- Roger’s Prezi slideshow that goes with his talk. You should be able to follow along while listening to the video.
- Roger’s handout with links to resources.
BIO: Our guest speaker, Roger Vann, joined Cru two years after Judy Douglass, i.e., a long time ago. He and his family moved to Western Europe in 1980, currently living in the United Kingdom where he has been part of the Area Digital Strategies team for ten years.
He has served as an eMentor with Truth Media (CCC in Canada) and EveryStudent.com (U.S.) for the last eight years. Roger is currently the U.K. national coordinator for a new European ministry website called MyStory.me – where over 1,000 people have already posted their testimony in one of seven languages. He is also designing an eLearning online course for FamilyLife UK of their popular seminar “A Day Together”.