I’m sure you’re well aware of Black Friday , Small Business Saturday , and Cyber Monday. Our national holiday to celebrate the goodness of God has become a retail-driven shopping frenzy! There’s a good change in 2012, though.
Several organizations and philanthropists, including Bill Gates, started a national campaign promoting #GivingTuesday, a day to volunteer and/or donate to charitable causes. Knowing Americans, I’m sure this will really catch on. (Having a goal of this first Tuesday after Thanksgiving will give us added motivation for getting our letters out on time!)
Tips and Resources for You
If you’re working on your end-of-year ask this week maybe you’d like to try some ideas today for online fund raising.
- I recommend picking an idea or two from Stacie Fletcher’s MPD and Social Media blog. I’m planning to use social sites today. I’ll try Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and even Pinterest.
- It only takes a few minutes to make sure your give.cru.org site is up-to-date. Read more on How Does Your Free Webpage Look?
- Did you know about the free site you can use to raise funds for a specific amount? Read Your Own CCC Personal Fundraising Page and download the instructions. This should only take ten minutes or so to get a basic fund site up and running. (I’ve done some fancier things with ours. I’ll write a post with instructions later this week on how to put a photo into the text area and more.)
Examples from our CCC giving sites:
- #GivingTuesday aims to encourage charitable donation, acts of kindness
- Who pays for my sale items? by Connie Jakab at Culture Rebel