A friend just introduced me to MakeUseOf.com which offers 50 free guides. You can buy the guides on Amazon.com for 99 cents and support their work, or you can receive the guides free by liking them on Facebook or Twitter or by subscribing.
Here’s some of their iPad Guides:
- iPad Basics
- Set up Your iPad (General Settings)
- Watching Videos on Your iPad
- Five-Star Guide (highlighting 40 free apps)
The apps in the Five-Star Guide are for reading news, books, and PDF files; for watching TV; for drawing and photo editing; for blogging and writing; for music, games, and social media; and for productivity and business.
Here’s some samples:
- Flipboard, a personal iPad social magazine
- Draw for iPad (for your kids)
- Clockwork Notebook for note taking and such
- WordPress blogging, with just a few limitations on the app
- Tweetdeck manage Facebook and Twitter
- Pandora free personalized radio
- AIM more than chatting
- Roambi (make your Excel chart interactive)
- Wunderlist for to-dos
The Five-Star Guide also explains about international keyboards, syncing eMail accounts, extending battery life, wifi problems, and more.
They also offer many other guides (in addition to iPad guides) which I’ll write about in the future, but you can certainly explore MakeUseOf.com on your own instead of waiting for me.