Erik Qualman produces challenging video shorts on social media every year. Watch his latest at the end of this post and ask yourself, “what changes do I need to make in my ministry?”
Social Media and Your Ministry
My takeaways from the video:
- Being on Facebook means I rub shoulders daily with 1 out of 7 of the world’s population.
- Google searches change rapidly, don’t necessarily feel locked in to key word searches; try using trending key words in your blog posts.
- Student ministries should consider other-than-email communication. (You can send a text through Gmail).
- Using social media tools keeps your ministry alive, relevant, and connected.
- Your financial partners are probably joining LinkedIn. Meet them there.
- Does your ministry have a YouTube account with engaging content?
- If you minister to women do you have a Pinterest account?
- Don’t focus on an information-only web presence. Social engagement on, and referrals to, your site are what “sells” your ministry.
Free eBook Today Only
Erik’s book, What Happens in Vegas Stays on YouTube: PRIVACY is DEAD The NEW rules for business, personal, and family reputation is available free as a Kindle eBook until the end of Wednesday, 26 February 2014. Download the book from Amazon.com or your nearest Amazon national site. (You don’t need to own a Kindle – see this post.)