Easter eMinistry Ideas for Social Media
I just added quite a few social media evangelistic events to eQuipping for eMinistry’s calendar. I often list these relevant events in the left sidebar of the blog, also, but realize this news is time-relevant and might slip past you; I’m posting details today because I know many of you will want to participate this coming week. Join in by sharing and praying.
Easter eMinistry Idea for Facebook
The Film Production Department, plus Marketing and Communications, of The JESUS Film Project launched the Easter – So What’s It All About campaign a few days ago; it will run through Easter. They’d love for you to be a part.
Essentially, you would share the two Easter Bunny videos available on the So What’s It All About website and include these hashtags when sharing on Facebook (or Twitter): #Easter and #sowhatsitallabout. If interested, please read the details of how this campaign works on the Indigitous.org blog.
Easter eMinistry Idea for Twitter
Beginning March 29 through Easter, Cru (@crutweets) will be “live-tweeting” what would have been happening in the life of Christ during that day and time of the week. You’ll experience the last week of Christ’s life (and through His resurrection) in “real time,” Eastern Daylight Time, that is.
Re-tweet and follow the moments of Christ’s life by using #AtThisTime. @crutweets will also be posting images from the JESUS Film to bring to life the death and resurrection of our Savior. You’re welcome to re-tweet these for your own time zone, of course, to bless your friends and family.
Action Points for Both Campaigns
Here’s some ideas of how to help these campaigns reach people for Christ:
- Add your thoughts when you share a post
- Tell your ministry partners about the campaigns
- Pray that people will notice and click on the FaceBook ads (for #sowhatsitallabout)
- Comment on any of the webpages
- Use these opportunities as a way to bring Jesus into current conversations
- Pray for people to see the true message of Easter
- Meditate on the specific verses and on Jesus’ life (for #AtThisTime)
If you use a social media dashboard, such as Buffer, it’s easy to share between platforms. (I just sent a Tweet to Facebook and Google+ through Buffer.)
Stay in the Loop for More eMinistry Opportunities
If you’d like to be informed about social media opportunities, subscribe to this Cru social media calendar (It’s also embedded in the right sidebar of eQuipping for eMinistry for you when you read e4e posts on the site.)
Angel McCurdy, Social Media Community Manager at cru.org, is glad to answer questions about these events and also hosts a regular social media task force. Contact her at Angel.McCurdy at cru.org for information.
- In April, social media fans will be challenged to send Cru their photos of crosses that they find in everything. Share your photos with #CruFindIt.
- In May, Cru is asking social media fans for changed lives stories. #ChangedLives incorporates the Cardboard Confessions on Vine. Also use #CruConfessions.