I’ve been blogging since 2007. Today, I searched online to check the pulse on blogging. Blogging is not dead.
If you’re a blogger or considering blogging, some of these articles will interest you. I’ll be digging into these articles myself over the next weeks.
Articles on Blogging
Why Blogging Is Still Worthwhile In 2023 by Reason Agency of New Zealand
This article is written with businesses in mind. It provides a good overview of what blogging is, how you can leverage your blog, and the future of blogging.
Why Blogs Fail – And How to Make Sure Yours Doesn’t by HubSpot
For new and veteran bloggers, read the article for more detail.
Blogs fail because they:
- “lack a content strategy
- “aren’t optimized for search
- “are not well-designed”
And lastly, because the blogger posts inconsistently.
According to HubSpot, “Of the 1.7 billion websites in the world, 600 million are blogs.” That’s more than 1/3 of online sites in November 2020!
8 Things to Do Instead of Blogging by Pauline Wiles
If you’ve tried blogging or you know you don’t have the bandwidth for it, Pauline offers other ways you can write:
- “Write guest articles for relevant websites
- “Write for Medium or on Substack
- “Post articles on LinkedIn”
- Read more on her website.
Are Blogs Profitable in 2023, and Should You Start One? by First Site Guide
Some of their main points are:
- “Digital consumption is increasing
- “Podcasting and blogs
- “Video blogs
- “Finding a micro-niche is more important than ever”
- Read more in their post.
Blogging Sttistics 2023: Ultimate List with 47 Facts and Stats by First Site Guide
Do you like stats? It will take you twelve minutes to read through the details of all of these. Here’s a few:
- 77% of Internet users regularly read blogs.
- Successful bloggers spend 4 hours on average to write a post.
- 97% of bloggers use social media to boost their results.
- Long blog posts get the most shares and have more inbound links compared to shorter posts.
- 38% of bloggers say that they update their old blog posts.
- Blog titles with a minimum of 8 words or with colons or hyphens have higher click-through.
- 71% of blog posts on WordPress are written in English. Spanish is second place with 4.7%.
- Most people prefer reading blogs from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- 7 minutes is the preferred length of time for reading blogs.
- Quality content can increase blog traffic by 2000%.
- Blog posts with high emotional value have a 1000 times greater chance of being shared.
- Almost 60% of bloggers occasionally guest-post.
- 24% of bloggers write to express themselves creatively.
- Read more in their article, including blogging predictions at the end.
To wrap up, I’m including one of the infographics from this article.
What about You?
Please contact me. I’d love to know if you’re blogging, quit blogging, want to start blogging, or whatever.
Maybe you’re a reader and want to see more from Cru staff.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
- Thank you to these bloggers for their insights and stats.
- Thank you to First Site Guide for their infographic.